Knowledgeable trainer, covered a range of Data Protection and FOI in an interesting way. (Pembury House)
A school is a huge and complex community with a huge range of activities going on in and around it. But legally a school is like any other organisation. It has to comply with all the requirements of the Data Protection Act including security, data quality, and access to records. State funded schools and Academies also have to respond to Freedom of Information requests.
Speaker very informative, the course was delivered in a way it could be easily understood. (Mount Lourdes Grammar School)
Act Now Training has created what we call an Information Rights Day. For one fee you will have the services of one of our consultants who will undertake a review of your existing compliance with information legislation, deliver relevant training and make recommendations about how to comply in the future.
I now have better awareness of the law and where the school stands in the bigger picture. (Grafton Primary School)
The Information Rights day itself is a mixture of training, practical review and policy work. All our consultants have been long experience of working in and with local authorities, as well as delivering training for over 1,300 schools and colleges. Some are previously teachers & lecturers.
Very clear, excellent pace, interestingly presented, very knowledgeable, use of examples and opportunities, very useful.
(St Augustines I & N)
Before the day
- Pre-visit questionnaire
- Review of existing policies
- Review of notification
- Review of Publication Scheme
- Review of website compliance with DP
On the day
- DP / FOI Briefing for staff and Governors
- Physical and IT security risk assessment
- Information Asset & Risk Register
- Briefing for students on online security and safety - using IT safely and securely
Cost: £1,500 plus expenses & VAT
Please contact us if you would like the course tailored specifically to meet your needs
Included in the price:
- Data Protection Policy
- Email & internet acceptable use policies
- FOI procedure
- Social media policy for staff and pupils
- Posters on mobile, internet and IT security
- Materials on online and mobile security