Despite the the result of the Brexit vote the Government has announced, on 24th October 2016, that the UK's implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will go ahead. Say hello to the mandatory Data Protection Officer, the Right to Be Forgotten and the joys of impact assessments!
GDPR will be the biggest change in data protection law for 20 years. A lot of work needs to be done now before it comes into force. Each organisation will need a dedicated Data Protection Officer which will be a statutory position. Are you ready for the challenge?
Act Now can help you prepare:
- We can carry out a GDPR health check;
- Our one day workshop is ideal for those wanting to get a headstart in their preparations;
- Our blog posts will keep you up to date with the latest developments;
- Our GDPR Practitioner Certificate is ideal for those who want a formal qualification in this area. The syllabus is endorsed by the Centre for Information Rights based at the University of Winchester; and
- We have saved you the hassle and printed the regulation in an A5 (handbag) size. this includes a contents and index page! this can be purchased for only £3.99 for the first copy and £2.49 per copy thereafter.